Saturday 26 April 2014

INTERVIEW WITH MANGAKANDREAM

Life is No Fairy Tale - An Interview with Mangakandream.
Interview conducted by Sandra Scholes

For those who like manga artists Missyrachelle is one who likes creating her own manga, but also has an admiration of other manga artists out there and even wants to attend conventions - let's hope it's as a star when she does. Here, she lets us into her world of manga art, influences and future works. 

Sandra: How long have you been into manga and who are your artistic influences?
Mangakandream: I haven't been into it for very long, but I knew from almost an instant that it was for me. Hiro Mashima, creator of Fairy Tail, was like the biggest influence. He created a wonderful story with a beautiful design that suits all my interests. His work was actually my first anime/manga to see, so, naturally, I favor it. Of course, every other manga artist is brilliant as well so I pick up things from various people. You could say that every person who makes manga and enjoys it are my artist influences.

Sandra: What's a typical day at your studio?
Mangakandream: A typical day would be flipping through manga and anime pictures to give me ideas. I write down those ideas, but usually end up wondering if I'm actually going to use them. Ha. If I'm not doing the writing at that time, then I'm sketching the pages. I prepare them to upload to my computer and from there it is all digital drawing. However, I don't upload them onto the computer until I'm finished with the chapter. Digital drawing takes a long time.

Sandra: Apart from your manga, what is your favourite animal you like to draw?
Mangakandream: Animal? Ooh, that's tough... I am actually rather bad at drawing animals. I draw birds pretty well, but I can't say that they're a favorite. I love cats, but I can't draw them well either. Perhaps, it is the animals that I create from imagination that I favor.

Sandra: Are you an anime fan too? What fan art have you drawn based on
anime characters?
Mangakandream: I am a huge anime fan. Haha. To be honest, I prefer watching anime yet I love making manga. I don't do so much fan art. I'm not really sure why though. The only fan art I've done, I think, is Lucy from Fairy Tail. I think that has been my first and only time so far to do fan art.

Sandra: Are you a regular in the convention circuit, and what have you
found out about being there?
Mangakandream: Actually, I've never been at a convention. At all. Ha. I want to go sometime, but I'm not sure when I'll be able.

Sandra: If you could cosplay as a popular anime character, who would it be?
Mangakandream: Cosplay, huh? I've actually thought about that many times. I usually like to imagine myself as someone that looks like me in a recent anime that I've watched. But I think my preferences are Kikyo and Kagome from Inuyasha.

Sandra: What have you recently been working on?
Mangakandream: I'm currently working on the first few chapters of my new manga that I'm going to post online. It's called Fiery Blue Flash.

Sandra: How did your work evolve to where it is now? Was it as much of
a struggle as you thought?
Mangakandream: It was definitely not as instant to start on as I thought it would be. I was so hyped to start writing right away, but it's more than that. I had to know what I was dealing with, so I did extensive research on the creation of manga and things mangaka need to know. I crammed my brain so full, but I remained excited to work. Even after all the research was done, I still couldn't start right away. I needed to create my characters. It was more than just sketching them. I had to develop their personalities and habits too. I spent much time doing all of this. It was enough to make a normal person say "Never mind! I can't do this!" Yet, all I could think about was getting to the creation of the story and pages. In the end, I still started a bit early. I haven't nearly practised drawing my characters enough and I haven't even done the first sketch for most of the characters. I'm a lost cause. Hahaha.

Sandra: Have you got plans for your artwork in the future?
Mangakandream: Yeah. I want to take my work to the top. I want anyone and everyone to be able to pick up my manga and enjoy it. My manga is just beginning on its journey, and my passion for making it is never-ending. With nothing but passion, hope, determination, and a dream, I will continue this difficult path and bring a new story for my fellow manga lovers to enjoy. I'm hoping one day it will become an anime as well so other people can see the image in my head rolling just how I do.

Sandra: Lastly, a fun one: Ice cream or cake?
Mangakandream: Ice cream! (Unless we're talking Cheesecake c; )

Contact information for Mangakandream:
http://animegeeksnetworld.weebly.com/blog.html 

http://animegeeksnetworld.weebly.com/my-manga.html 

http://animegeeksnetworld.weebly.com/aboutcontact.html 


No comments:

Post a Comment