Sunday 4 May 2014

INTERVIEW WITH BUDDING MANGA ARTIST ZOE

Interview with budding artist Zoe Tomlinson 
Interviewed by Sandra Scholes
 
Zoe has several likes including art and design and manga is one of the things she likes doing almost all the time. She has aspirations about being a professional manga artist like many I've interviewed and I think she has a good chance of getting there. She likes dogs, Fairy Tail and Black Butler, but I'll let her tell you the rest!

Sandra: What was your first art project?

Zoe: My first art project was this painting I did of my face when I was younger. It got me into art and different kinda of art  and eventually this led into me wanting to be a professional.


Sandra: How do you approach your designs for your manga art?
Zoe: I remember just looking around on google on how to draw anime figures and heads and hairstyles. There were many ways of drawing manga so I kinda took a little of each and got into different styles. I would say I draw more on how the characters would look in an anime. 


Sandra: What is your e-reading device of choice and why?
Zoe: Probably my phone. Mostly because I have access to everything on it and all my stuff is organised there 


Sandra: Do you remember the first book you ever read. What impact did
it have on your life?
Zoe: The first book? Hmmmm. That was from a long time ago but I think it was "Going to Grandmas House". I remember looking at that and loving how the characters were drawn and the colors. It was mostly pictures so from then on I loved picture books. Since manga is mostly pictures it fits me perfectly now.

Sandra: Describe your workplace?
Zoe: My workplace is basically my room. I have different folders for different projects I'm working on.  I try and keep all things related to art in one place. It gets hectic as I start to work and things end up everywhere. I move around a lot too.  I think that really any place that's quiet and can hold my stuff can be my workplace though. 

Sandra: Name your five favourite books (they can be anything not
specifically manga)
Zoe: Before she Dies
Enders Game
Hunger Games
Fairy Tale (Volume 1)
Black Butler 


Sandra: Who would you say has inspired you over the years?
Zoe: I would say probably all the mangakas of the mangas I've read.  For example, Hun ( author of Girls of Wild's) and also Aimoto Shou (author of Hokenshitsu no Shinigami )  and many more.  They all mostly have different styles of drawing but all of their skills amaze me so much. 


Sandra: Cats or dogs and why?
Zoe: Dogs   I find them more lovable and cute and they don't try and take over the world :3

No comments:

Post a Comment